As a business owner, ensuring the safety of your workplace is of the utmost importance. Installing one or several commercial alarm systems is one of the best ways to do this. Each system protects against a specific potential threat, such as burglaries, fires and other emergencies.
Types of alarm systems
Here’s an overview of the most popular commercial alarm systems on the market:
1. Intruder alarms are perfect for preventing unauthorized entry to your property. These systems typically include motion sensors that trigger an alarm, alerting occupants or authorities of a potential intrusion.
2. Fire alarms and smoke detectors detect smoke or heat and then sound an alarm, giving occupants time to evacuate and alerting authorities of a potential emergency. These alarms can help save lives and minimize damage to your property.
3. Video surveillance systems provide real-time monitoring and the ability to review footage of your premises. These systems can deter criminal activity and make it easier to identify suspects and provide evidence if there’s criminal activity around your premises.
4. Access control systems are the perfect solution for businesses that need to protect sensitive areas or confidential information. With card readers and keypads, you can easily control who has access to what and when.
What to consider
Here are a few considerations to keep in mind when selecting the most suitable alarm system for your business:
· Identify your business’ specific security risks. This includes evaluating the location of your business, the nature of your operations and the type of assets you want to protect.
· Consider the level of automation you require, as well as the level of control you need over the system. Do you want a completely automated system or one that allows for manual control? This also includes deciding whether you need features such as remote access or alerts.
· Think about the level of support you require. This includes maintenance and repair services, as well as monitoring services that can alert you or a security company in case of a security breach.
While cost is a significant factor, it’s important not to cut corners on security as this can be more expensive in the long run. It’s also crucial to consider compatibility with your existing security system and integration with other technologies.
Commercial intruder alarm systems and surveillance cameras in Calgary
At Guardian Security Solutions, we can help you come up with a multi-faceted commercial security system to ensure your business, assets and employees are protected in any situation. To learn more about our commercial access control systems, alarm systems and intruder alarm systems, contact us today to get a free quote for service in the Calgary or Lethbridge areas.