05/01/2023 0 Comments
Understanding DSC Alarm Trouble Codes
A DSC alarm system is reliable for your home or business but requires regular maintenance. Is the yellow LED on your DSC alarm system lit up or beeping? It may indicate an easy fix, or you may need to call in a professional. Here’s a guide to help you make sense of the codes.
What the codes mean
DSC uses LED codes to indicate trouble details. To view a trouble condition, press [*]. The trouble light will begin flashing to acknowledge you’re in the Trouble Menu. You could see numbers 1 through 8 displayed along the top of the LCD screen. These numbers correspond to a specific trouble condition. The menu times out after 10 to 15 seconds; press [*] to reactivate.
- A number 1 indicates a service problem. Press 1 again to view the sub-menu. If you still see the number 1 displayed, your system battery is low and needs replacing. If you see the number 2, your siren is malfunctioning. Contact Guardian Security Solutions to schedule a service call.
- A number 2 indicates a loss of AC power. Check your transformer or circuit breaker. If everything looks good, contact a certified professional who services security alarms in Calgary to inspect the issue.
- A number 3 or 4 indicates a communication problem. First, check your phone line. If you hear a normal dial tone, place your system on TEST and send out a test signal. If this doesn’t solve the issue, you must call a professional to get to the root of the problem.
- A number 5, 6, or 7 indicates a wireless device problem or zone issue. Press the corresponding number button to view the sub-menu. Consult your user manual and follow the outlined steps or set up a service call to resolve the issue.
- A number 8 means the alarm has lost its date or time. It often happens if there’s a loss of power. Consult your user manual to find out how to program the time.
Once you’re done in the Trouble Menu, press the [#] button to restore the display.
Security systems suppliers in Calgary
If your DSC home alarm system is beeping or lit up, Guardian Security Solutions in Calgary and Lethbridge has you covered. Our certified technicians install, maintain, and repair all types of DSC alarms, including the DSC PowerSeries Neo and DSC PowerSeries Pro. These versatile, hybrid alarm systems are well-suited to everything from small businesses to large-scale commercial operations.
We also carry advanced technology for commercial security systems, including surveillance, fire monitoring, and thermal temperature detection systems. Guardian Security Solutions serves customers in Calgary, Lethbridge, and the surrounding areas. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.